University of New Mexico medical students, along with Dr. Lisa Rose, gave eye exams and glasses to more than 20 AOC residents in September. They were with the Community Vision Project, which trains first-year students through hands-on engagement with diverse populations. The students were just as thrilled as our men — most were interacting with patients for the very first time. Our residents were especially grateful to get new glasses on the spot; one went from 20/200 vision — which is reading the E at the top of the chart — to 20/63 with his glasses!
- Harwood Art Center Provides Artwork for Newly-Housed Clients
- Heading Home Has a Successful First Year With the ABQ Winter Shelter
- Heading Home Partners With Youth Leadership and Service Organization, ServeABQ
- Colorado Students Spend Alternative Spring Break Volunteering with Heading Home
- Intern Goes ‘Undercover’ at Heading Home Shelters